Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Murders

Teen Accused of Strangling Ex-Girlfriend to Death Allegedly Sat in Room with Her Corpse for Hours

Blake Linkous allegedly burst out of a bedroom bleeding from his chest, and repeatedly exclaimed of his ex, "Natalie's not waking up," according to the victim's friend.

By Elisabeth Ford
Killer Motive: What Drives People To Kill?

An Ohio teenager who is accused of strangling his ex-girlfriend to death on a post-graduation trip in Myrtle Beach allegedly sat in the room with her dead body for hours, according to a friend of the victim.

Blake Linkous allegedly killed his ex, Natalie Martin, on June 6 while the two 18-year-olds were on a senior trip after graduating in May from Philo High School in Duncan Falls, Ohio. They were staying in a South Carolina vacation rental with a group of friends.

Brooklyn Ferrell, the victim’s best friend, told Fox News Digital some details about what allegedly happened the night her friend was killed.

RELATED: Ohio Teen Allegedly Strangled to Death by Ex-Boyfriend on Post-High School Graduation Trip

"At about 9 a.m., Blake came out, he had stabbed himself in the chest and everyone got up and was freaking out and asking, ‘Where’s Natalie? Where's Natalie?'" Ferrell said.

According to Ferrell, two of Martin’s friends attempted CPR on Martin after finding the teen on the floor of the bedroom. "It was way too late for that. She was cold and stiff," Ferrell added.

A mugshot of Blake Linkous

Martin and Ferrell have been best friends since they were 11 and, although Ferrell was not on the trip with Martin, she's been in communication with the others who were there and the victim’s mother, according to Fox News.

The ex-couple had dated for three years and split in February after Linkous allegedly assaulted Martin in front of a group of friends. Ferrell said that he made numerous efforts to try to mend his relationship with Martin.

RELATED: Man Will Serve Nearly 200 Years in Prison After Guilty Plea in Shooting Death of Wife and Unborn Son

The two teens had been in an argument the day before Martin’s death about her texting another man, according to Ferrell.

The group of friends went out to a club the next night, Ferrell said, but Martin was not feeling well and went back to the rental house with Linkous. When two of their friends came back around 10:45 p.m., one of them heard three loud thuds and attempted to enter the bedroom where Martin and Linkous were sleeping, but the door was locked.

A selfie of Natalie Martin

The rest of the group returned and were asleep by 7 a.m., according to Ferrell. A couple of hours later, Ferrell said, Linkous burst out of the bedroom bleeding from his chest, and repeatedly exclaimed "Natalie's not waking up!"

He had allegedly been in the room with Martin’s corpse for hours before stabbing himself and emerging from the room to reveal the scene, according to Ferrell.

Ferrell said Linkous, who is charged with Martin's murder, was known for his temper, but she never suspected he could commit such a violent act.

Martin’s death has deeply shaken the small Ohio community where the two teens are from, according to Ferrell, who created a GoFundMe to raise money for her best friend’s funeral expenses.

An obituary states that Martin had a “life-long love for softball and soccer.” She also enjoyed hunting, fishing and worked as a childcare provider.

“She had a free, pure and wild spirit with a contagious laugh, a personality out of this world that could bring anyone out of their darkest of days,” the obituary continued.

Linkous was arrested June 8 and is being held without bail as he awaits his murder trial, according to jail records.

Read more about: