Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Victims of Shocking Murder-Suicide Involving Convicted Rapist Were All Shot in the Head

Jesse McFadden, 39; Brittany Brewer, 16; Ivy Webster, 14; Tiffany Guess, 13; Michael Mayo, 15; Rylee Allen, 17; and Holly Guess, 35, were found dead by gunshot wounds to the head. Authorities believe McFadden, a convicted rapist, killed everyone before taking his own life.

By Cydney Contreras

Warning: This story deals with sexual assault.

Investigators have confirmed that convicted rapist Jesse McFadden shot his family and two teen girls in the head before turning the gun on himself.

In a press conference held on Thursday, Okmulgee Police said that Jesse McFadden, 39; Brittany Brewer, 16; Ivy Webster, 14; Tiffany Guess, 13; Michael Mayo, 15; Rylee Allen, 17; and Holly Guess, 35, were found dead by gunshot wounds to the head, according to the Associated Press

Authorities previously told the parents of the deceased that the bodies were found in different locations across the Henryetta property, which the McFaddens had been renting. 

RELATED: Loved Ones In Shock After Daughters Found Among Dead at Sex Offender’s Home

Now, the Okmulgee Police have revealed that Ivy, Brittany and Rylee were found in close proximity to a nearby creek. A preliminary autopsy shows they'd all been shot once in the head by a 9mm pistol, the AP reported.

A collage of photos of Holly Guess McFadden, Tiffany Dore Guess, Ivy Webster, Rylee Elizabeth Allen, Brittany Brewer, and Michael James Mayo

The remaining four bodies were found a quarter mile south of the residence. Tiffany and Michael were shot twice in the head, while Holly, who had married McFadden last year, was shot three times in the head. McFadden seemingly killed himself.

The police said that the scene looked staged and that the bodies had seemingly been moved from where they were initially shot.

While autopsies are underway, police reportedly told Webster's family that she may have been sexually assaulted by McFadden prior to her death, according to The Oklahoman. Though Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Eric Pfeifer could not confirm this information, he told the newspaper his office "examined each decedent for physical signs of sexual assault and obtained standard evidence samples, including those for possible sexual assault."

"Like establishing beyond-a-doubt scientific ID, it will take a little time to put all the evidence together to confidently assert that sexual assault occurred. The results will be given directly to law enforcement, who will advise the families first," Pfeifer said. 

Oxygen.com reached out to the Chief Medical Examiner's office for comment but did not hear back.

Ivy Webster and Brittany Brewer were spending Saturday night with Holly Guess' children, Tiffany, Michael and Rylee, and were reported missing on Sunday night. 

A mugshot of Jesse McFadden

On Monday, McFadden was due to stand trial on charges of of child pornography and soliciting sexual conduct/communication with a minor, according to NBC News. He had been accused of using a contraband cellphone to send and receive sexually explicit photos from a 16-year-old while incarcerated in 2016. 

When McFadden failed to appear in court, a bench warrant was issued. But when police went to arrest McFadden around 3 p.m. on Monday, they instead found a crime scene.

Authorities haven't confirmed a motive, but purported text messages that McFadden sent to the victim in his pending trial suggest that he didn't want to return to prison, Fox 23 reported.

"I did exactly what I promised I would do when I got out I got a marketing job making great money and was being advanced been there 2 years now and made a great life like I promised I would do with you," he allegedly wrote to the now-23-year-old. "This is all on you for continuing this."

McFadden previously served 17 years of a 20-year sentence after pleading guilty to raping a 16-year-old at knifepoint in 2003. He was released early on account of good behavior in 2020, despite the new charges and the rape victim requesting his release be delayed.

The victim Krystle Strong, who spoke to The Independent about the murders, said that she begged for authorities to reconsider releasing McFadden. "I believe I left a voicemail and tried to get transferred and I kept getting the runaround. I told them, ‘Look, I’ve called you guys over the years several times trying to get updates and I’ve seen that you guys are still going to let him out even after you found contraband child porn on his phone. If this doesn’t show that somebody isn’t rehabilitated, then I don’t know what else would,'" she told the outlet.

Strong said that she believes the system "failed" her and the victims. "The hardest thing is the fact that these babies lost their lives and they didn’t get a chance to live," Strong said.

Holly Guess' mother, Janette Mayo, has stated that she didn't learn about McFadden's criminal background until a few months ago. As for what Holly knew prior to marrying McFadden, Mayo said that she believes her daughter was tricked into thinking the charges were all a "huge mistake," the AP reported.

The parents of Ivy and Brittany were also in the dark when it came to McFadden's history. But now that they know what he was accused of, they want answers as to why he was released from prison when he was facing more charges.

"There needs to be repercussions and somebody needs to be held accountable. They let a monster out. They did this,” Webster said.

Oklahoma Department of Corrections spokeswoman Kay Thompson told the AP that McFadden earned credits toward his 20-year sentence through good behavior and participation in programs. Once he served 85% of his sentence, he became eligible for parole.

She added that he was allowed to live with his stepchildren because they were not his victims.

Chief Prentice also noted that McFadden had registered as a sex offender and checked in with the sheriff's office every 90 days, as required of sex offenders in Oklahoma. 

Read more about: