Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Conor McGregor Arrested For Allegedly Smashing, Stealing Phone Of Fan Who Was Trying To Take A Picture

McGregor took a fan’s phone and stomped on it repeatedly in early-morning encounter in Miami Beach, according to police. 

By Sharon Lynn Pruitt

Mixed martial artist Conor McGregor was arrested on felony charges Monday after an alleged confrontation with a fan outside of a Florida hotel.

Police say that the 30-year-old Ultimate Fighting Championship star was leaving the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach, Florida at around 5 a.m. when a fan tried to take a picture of him with his phone, according to an arrest report issued by the Miami Beach Police Department. McGregor allegedly “slapped” the phone out of the fan’s hand, knocking it to the ground, and then stomped on it repeatedly, police say. Authorities allege that Gregor then left with the phone, which his alleged victim says was worth $1,000, according to police.

Police located McGregor at a private residence on North Venetian Drive and arrested him on charges of strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief, both of which are felonies. After posting bond, the fighter was released from Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center at around 10 p.m. Monday, the Miami Herald reports.

Footage published by Miami’s CBS 4 shows McGregor leaving the jail and being escorted to a nearby black SUV.

McGregor’s lawyer, Samuel Rabin, said that his client “was involved in a minor altercation involving a cell phone that resulted in a call to law enforcement,” according to a statement obtained by the outlet.

UFC star Conor McGregor seen here in his booking photo, taken on March 11, 2019

“Mr. McGregor appreciates the response of law enforcement and pledges his full cooperation,” Rabin said.

Monday’s arrest marked yet another violent incident for McGregor, a native of Dublin, Ireland. He was taken into custody in April after he and a number of other men attacked a bus with other UFC stars inside, injuring some of them. He pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in relation to the case and was sentenced in July to perform community service and undergo anger management classes, in addition to paying for the damage he caused to the bus.

Read more about: