Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Michael Avenatti Gives Prosecutors Second Alleged R. Kelly Sex Tape With Underage Girl
Michael Avenatti also suggest a third tape of R. Kelly allegedly having sex with an underage girl exists.
Less than two weeks after attorney Michael Avenatti gave Chicago prosecutors a tape that allegedly shows R. Kelly having sex with an underage girl, Avenatti has handed over a second tape to the prosecution and suggested that a third exists.
Avenatti, who the Associated Press reports is representing two of Kelly’s alleged victims, said that the second tape was shot in either 1999 or 2000, is 55-minutes long, and features a 14-year-old girl, according to the outlet. Whether or not the minor in the second video is the same one as in the first video has not been clarified, but Avenatti also told reporters that he has been made aware of the existence of a third tape, according to the Associated Press report.
Avenatti confirmed in a tweet on Tuesday morning his intention to turn in the second video, explaining, “This tape was recently uncovered in connection with our ongoing nationwide investigation on behalf of victims. Justice must be done.”
The first tape allegedly showed Kelly having a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl, with both Kelly and the girl referring to her body parts as “14 years old,” according to CNN. Kelly reportedly asked her to urinate at one point in the 42-minute video, and at another point, he allegedly urinated on her.
The aforementioned tape is not the same video related to Kelly’s 2008 child pornography case, of which he was acquitted, Avenatti said in a lengthy statement shared on Twitter. He has stood by the validity of the tape, and is reportedly representing a man he’s referred to as a whistleblower in the Kelly case, according to CNN.
“My client knows the identity of the girl and R. Kelly. He identified the two of them on the videotape. He worked for and has known R. Kelly for decades and he met the girl on a number of occasions,” he said, CNN reports.
Kelly was charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sex abuse on Friday, and has remained in police custody ever since, having been unable, thus far, to make bail. His lawyer Steve Greenberg referred to a number of financial difficulties related to “hangers-on” and “bad deals” as the primary reason.
Kelly has repeatedly claimed to be innocent in the face of the numerous accusations made against him. Greenberg said last month that the claims against the 52-year-old were “false,” and stated that his client “never knowingly had sex with an underage woman.”
Greenberg reiterated that stance following Kelly’s bond hearing, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
“He’s a rock star. He doesn’t have to have non-consensual sex,” he said.
Kelly entered a not guilty plea on Monday, and is expected to return to court on March 22, according to CNN.