Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Stacey Dash’s Husband Says They’re Moving On After Domestic Battery Arrest

Stacey Dash was accused of pushing and slapping her husband, Jeffrey Marty, during an altercation at their home on Sunday, but later pled not guilty.

By Sharon Lynn Pruitt
Police Release Body Cam Footage of Stacey Dash Arrest

Stacey Dash’s husband is ready to put her domestic battery arrest behind them both.

Dash, 52, was arrested at the couple’s home in New Port Richey, Florida on Sunday following an altercation with her husband, Jeffrey Marty. Dash is alleged to have “pushed” and “slapped” Marty, leaving “red scratch marks” on his arm, according to a police report obtained by Oxygen.com.

However, in audio of a 911 call published earlier this week by Page Six, the "Clueless" actress can be heard telling the dispatcher that her husband placed her in a chokehold after she got into an argument with his teenage daughter.

Dash entered a not guilty plea to a domestic battery charge on Wednesday, but it appears that the case will go no further. Pasco County Court records show that the case has been closed, Yahoo News reports.

Taking to Twitter on Thursday, Marty also confirmed as much, and commended officials for their decision to drop the matter.

“Today, the State Attorney made the right call by declining to file charges against my wife, @staceydash,” his tweet reads. “She was arrested over my objection at the time, but due to the pending investigation, I waited to comment until now.”

“We both look forward to getting this behind us,” he continued.

Dash said during her talk with a 911 dispatcher on Sunday that she was calling to report that she’d been “assaulted by [her] husband,” according to Page Six.

“We were all arguing. I asked his daughter to get out of my face because she was in my face. I pushed her back, he put me into a chokehold,” she said, before telling the dispatcher that there were marks on her neck.

She also alleged that Marty and his three children — who she called “disrespectful" and "awful” — intentionally tried to get her arrested, and that Marty told his children what to say to police in order for her to get taken into custody, the outlet reports.

In a statement obtained by PEOPLE, a man claiming to be Dash’s manager claimed that she was acting in self-defense that day.

“Stacey actually called the police because she was attacked by her husband. He choked her and she was defending herself,” Sean P. Jackson told the outlet. “When the police arrived, they couldn’t see any physical marks on her, but they did see them on him.”

However, in another statement issued by Dash’s team, the incident was categorized as a “marital dispute” that was “misrepresented” by the media.

“No charges were pressed by her husband, however, Deputies arrested Ms. Dash peacefully, as a formality. Ms. Dash’s husband appeared in court today, September 30th, on her behalf and Ms. Dash was released from the Land O’ Lakes detention facility. No further legal action is pending,” that statement reads. “The marital dispute, while personal and unfortunate, has since been blown out of proportion. An earlier report on TMZ.com said her manager told TMZ that she was attacked by her husband — both the sources relationship to Ms. Dash and the events of the evening were misrepresented.”

Marty is Dash’s fourth husband. His Thursday tweet is the first comment he’s offered on Sunday’s incident.

Dash herself has made no mention of it on social media.

Read more about: