Incarcerated Death Row Records founder Marion "Suge" Knight has reportedly been moved to a hospital following an unknown illness.
Knight was taken from Los Angeles County Jail on Tuesday morning and moved to an area hospital for the past two days, law enforcement sources tell TMZ. On Thursday, the New York Daily News reported that Knight remains hospitalized.
Deputy Sara Rodriguez from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department tells Oxygen that they cannot comment on Knight's medical status or whether he's in the hospital due to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
This is not the first time that Knight, 52, has suffered a health scare behind bars. In March 2017, he was hospitalized for "life-threatening" blood clots, the New York Daily News reported. The music mogul, who is awaiting trial for murder charges, was in and out of the hospital over the last two years.
Knight's fiancée, Toi-Lin Kelly, expressed her concern to the Daily News, saying, "I am worried because Suge is supposed to receive the proper medical care everyone in custody is entitled to. "Doctors have said Suge's blood clots are life threatening."
Knight's son, Suge Jacob Knight, expressed concerns in February 2017 over his father's treatment behind bars. He claimed Knight suffered neglect and inhumane treatment at the hands of the law.
"I don't know anybody who can sit in solitary confinement for two years and not speak to nor choose his own lawyer," he wrote on a post on Instagram. "When will they let him get the best chance to defend himself?"
Suge told the judge that his deteriorating health meant that he had little time to live and prove his innocence in 2016.
"My time is ticking some days because of the health problems I have, and right now I am not getting a fair chance to prove my innocence," he said to the Superior Court Judge Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald Coen, according to the New York Daily News.
Knight was charged in 2015 for the murder of Terry Carter and attempted murder of Cle Denyale “Bone” Sloan following an incident in a parking lot. He is accused of running over the two victims and killing Carter in the process, reported CNN. Prosecutors allege Knight was upset with his depiction in the film “Straight Outta Compton” and intentionally drove towards the Carter and Sloan, who had been working security on the movie, according to the New York Daily News. Knight claimed he was the victim and drove his truck as a means to escape the parking lot.
He is charged with with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of hit-and-run with an allegation that he committed a serious and violent felony while out on bail.
[Photo: Getty Images]
Crime Time is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for our Crime Time Newsletter and subscribe to our true crime podcast Martinis & Murder for all the best true crime content.