Oxygen Insider Exclusive!

Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!

Sign Up for Free to View
Crime News Breaking News

Woman Who Prosecutor Compared To ‘Snow White’ Villain Convicted Of Kidnapping Husband's Mistress

Tammy Moorer was sentenced to 60 years in connection to the 2013 disappearance of Heather Elvis, who had an affair with Moorer's husband Sidney.

By Gina Tron

A South Carolina woman was sentenced to 60 years for kidnapping her husband’s 20-year-old lover, who went missing in 2013 and hasn't been found since.

Tammy Moorer, 46, was convicted Tuesday of kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap Heather Elvis, a 20-year-old waitress her husband met while he was doing maintenance work at a Tilted Kilt restaurant, where Elvis worked. Elvis vanished from a Myrtle Beach boat landing in December 2013. The judge sentenced Moorer to 30 years in prison for each of the two charges, the Post and Courier, a paper from Charleston, South Carolina reports.

During the trial’s closing arguments, prosecutor Nancy Livesay compared Moorer to the Wicked Queen from the fairy tale “Snow White,” according to the Post and Courier.

“When you mix jealousy, deceit and just an absolute crazed woman so worried about [Elvis] stealing her husband, that is when unnatural things happen,” Livesay said.

Moorer’s defense tried to argue that police never found a crime scene and that there wasn’t any physical evidence connecting his client to where Elvis disappeared.

Sidney Moorer and Elvis met in 2013 and became romantic shortly thereafter. Their affair ended in October after Tammy Moorer found out about it, Myrtle Beach Online reported in 2016.

Tammy Moorer then began harassing the young woman with threatening messages, prosecutors claimed.

Elvis’ roommate Brianna “Bree” Warrelmann told the court that Elvis “was scared of Tammy,” Myrtle Beach Online reported.

The 41-year-old even reportedly handcuffed her husband, who apparently agreed to save their marriage, to their bed at night so he couldn't sneak out, prosecutor Donna Elder said during a March 2014 bond hearing, according to the Charlotte Observer. Meanwhile, during Tammy Moorer’s trial, testimony indicated that Tammy Moorer even forced her husband to get her name tattooed above his crotch.

Despite the bizarre alleged attempts to keep her husband loyal, Tammy Moorer herself apparently continued to contact Elvis.

In a text from Nov. 1, 2013, the suspect wrote, "Hey sweetie ready to meet the Mrs.," according to court documents cited by the New York Post.

Elvis responded in a text saying, “I think you are a little obsessed with me. I’m nobody you need to worry about anymore.”

Elvis appeared to have been moving on with her life, even beginning to date again, when she received a call from Sidney Moorer the night of Dec. 18, 2013. They spoke for four minutes, and Elvis later called a friend to tell them that Sidney Moorer said he was leaving his wife for her.

In the middle of the night — following a few phone calls between Elvis and Sidney Moorer's cell, according to investigators — police believe Elvis drove to a boat landing near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where her abandoned car was later discovered. Her body was never found.

Initially, Sidney Moorer told police he didn't make the first call. Authorities, however, had surveillance footage of him at the payphone known to have made a call to Elvis. He then admitted to police he phoned Elvis because he told her to "please leave me alone because she had been leaving notes on our car," according to WBTW in Myrtle Beach.

Tammy Moorer admitted to police that she was with Sidney when he made the call, local outlet My Horry News quoted former Horry County Sheriff’s Department employee Carmen Rodriguez as saying earlier this month.

The same day she vanished, Sidney Moorer was reportedly captured on camera buying a pregnancy test, though he claimed it was for his wife, according to The State in Columbia.

Several of Elvis' coworkers believed she may have been pregnant because of weight gain around her hips, according to The State, but a previous pregnancy test was inconclusive.

After Elvis' disappearance, prosecutors claimed that Tammy Moorer conducted a smear campaign against the missing waitress.

“Well Sidney cheated on me in the months of Sept/Oct with a psycho whore who has since went missing,” Tammy Moorer wrote in a Facebook post, shortly after Elvis vanished.

During Tammy Moorer’s trial, Elvis’ family told the judge that the smear campaign exacerbated their pain.

“They stole her life, and they’ve ruined ours,” Elvis’ mother, Debbi Elvis said, according to the Post and Courier.

The mother told Myrtle Beach Online post-verdict that the sentencing felt unreal.

“This is what we were hoping for, but it doesn’t feel like closure but it does feel like we are so much closer to finding Heather [...] Because this is so big I’m hoping that it has an influence on the entire rest of the case, that something now will happen where we can find out where Heather is, because that ultimately is what we want.”

She added that she just wants her child back, that she doesn’t care about putting another child’s mother in jail.

The Moorers were arrested in February 2014 on charges of obstruction of justice, according to the New York Post. Charges of kidnapping and murder followed, but the murder charges were dropped in 2016, presumably for lack of evidence.

Sidney Moorer's kidnapping case ended in a mistrial in 2016 when a jury couldn't reach a unanimous verdict, though he is currently in state prison for the obstruction of justice charges, according to the Post.

The couple were indicted on conspiracy of kidnapping charges in 2017.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

[Photo: Facebook, Reuben Long Detention Center]