Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Finished With Oxygen Book Club's September 2022 Pick? It's Time To Discuss!
In Karin Slaughter's new book, "Girl, Forgotten," Andrea Oliver, a U.S. Marshall, looks into the 1982 murder of a small-town teen.
A small community is rocked in 1982 after a local teenager, Emily Vaughn, is killed on her prom night. Decades later, Andrea Oliver, new to her career as a U.S. Marshall, has arrived to that town to investigate the death threats a federal judge has been receiving. Along the way, she gets tangled in the Emily Vaughn cold case. That's what awaits readers in Karin Slaughter's new fiction read, "Girl, Forgotten," the September 2022 pick for Oxygen Book Club.
Once you've finished reading the book yourself, consider examining these discussion questions with your friends:
1. "Girl, Forgotten" is a sequel of sorts to Slaughter's previous book, "Pieces Of Her." Had you read that book before? If you haven't, did it impact your understanding of the book?
2. Slaughter tells this story in two timelines. Did you like that take on it? Was there one timeline you preferred reading over the others?
3. What were your initial impressions of Emily's "friends"? Did that impression match up with what we learned in the end?
4. Emily is pregnant, and has no idea who the father is. Who did you suspect throughout the book?
5. Andrea and her mother are still working out bumps in their relationship. How does Andrea's mother affect her character development in the book?
6. Would you like to return to Andrea Oliver in another book? Why or why not?
7. Did the story of "the farm" remind you of other true crime cases?
8. What did you think of then ultimate killer reveal? Did it work for you?
9. "Pieces Of Her" was adapted by Netflix. If "Girl, Forgotten" got an onscreen translation, who would you cast to play Emily?
And if you have more thoughts let us know! Use the hashtag #oxygenbookclub to keep the discussion going on social media.