Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
More than two years after being robbed at gunpoint in a hotel room in Paris, Kim Kardashian said that she’s grateful for how the experience changed her as a person.
The 38-year-old reality TV star opened up about the traumatic experience, and her recovery, during a visit to “The Alec Baldwin Show” on Sunday, Entertainment Tonight reports. It ultimately led her to value her privacy more than she did in the past, she explained.
“My life has definitely changed a lot in the last two years from that experience and just wanting more privacy,” she reportedly said.
“In the last three months, I feel like I’ve come out of my shell a little bit more, back to who I was,” she said. "I was never depressed, but I wasn’t motivated to get up and work like I used to. It shook me.”
Kardashian said that her mental state deteriorated to the point where her mother, famed manager Kris Jenner, had to try and persuade her to get out of bed and get dressed on some days. The KKW Beauty founder previously opened up about the aftermath of the robbery during an episode of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” last year, revealing that she often couldn’t help but go into “worst-case scenario mode” and think about how big of a target she and her entourage would appear to be when traveling.
During her conversation with Baldwin, Kardashian reflected on what she could have done to make herself less of a possible target two years ago.
“I’m totally a realist. So I know, you post on social media your locations, your jewelry, your bags, what you’re doing, where you’re going, your cars, your stuff. I would always talk about my stuff,” she reportedly said. “There was a lot of me that measured who I was by how much I had.”
“I thought, ‘Oh, I’m worth so much.’ So that changed in me,” she said. “And that needed to change in me, so I’m grateful for the experience.”
The robbers gained entry into Kardashian’s Paris hotel room during Fashion Week in 2016 by pretending to be police, multiple outlets have reported. After tying up Kardashian’s legs and hands, the men locked her in a bathroom before making off with jewelry and other items worth millions.
Kardashian definitely seems to have been changed by the experience; she told Baldwin that she tightened up her security following the horrific experience.
“Now my life is six security [guards] outside of our house at all times, and a few security when I travel, always 24/7 outside my door,” she said. “I just move totally differently now.”
Kardashian isn’t the only member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan concerned with staying safe while living in the public eye. Kendall Jenner, who’s currently dealing with an alleged stalker having made it onto her property multiple times, accused entertainment news site TMZ of endangering her by posting photos of her house and spilling the beans on its location.
Jenner was awarded a temporary restraining order against 37-year-old John Ford last week after Ford snuck into Jenner’s gated community and rang her doorbell.
“The fact that he has continued to come to my home — despite all of my efforts to get him to stop — scares me,” Jenner reportedly wrote in court documents obtained by TMZ.
[Photo: Getty Images]
Crime News is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Sign up for Oxygen Insider for all the best true crime content.