Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more!
Finished With November's Book Club Pick? It's Time To Discuss!
Oxygen Book Club's November book, "House Of Gucci" is a peek into a world of fashion, glamour and ... murder.
November was the perfect time to read "House Of Gucci," the latest entry in Oxygen Book Club, which highlights books in the true crime sphere each month and features exclusive interviews, guided discussions, and more. After all, it's the same month the movie of the same name, starring Lady Gaga and Adam Driver, came out!
The nonfiction read "House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed" by Sara Gay Forden is a deep dive into the 1995 murder of Maurizio Gucci, heir to the Gucci fashion fortune — a murder his ex-wife arranged. Just like the movie, the book dives into the relationship between the pair and the motivations behind the killing, but it's also an in-depth look at the fashion world and one of the most famous brands in the world.
So, once you've finished reading the book yourself, consider examining these discussion questions with your friends:
1. Before reading the book, what were your general impressions of the Gucci brand, if any?
2. The internal family struggles for creating the iconic fashion brand and house we know today is a major theme of the book. When it came to the family feud about the future of Gucci, whose perspective did you agree with more?
3. Have you ever owned a Gucci item? If so, was it mentioned in the book?
4.The iconic Gucci Flora scarf was created because of the Princess of Monaco Grace Kelly stopping in a Gucci store and requesting a scarf, according to the book. What was your favorite piece of fashion history you learned?
5.Did you anticipate the line of succession of the Gucci business initially playing out differently?
6. What did you make of the investigation into Maurizio’s death?
7. What did you think was the biggest motivating factor in Maurizio’s shooting death?
8. What do you think about Lady Gaga and Adam Driver being cast in the movie as Patrizia Reggiani and Maurizio Gucci? What are you most excited to see come to life in the movie?
9. The doorman who witnessed Maurizio’s murder, Giuseppe Onorato, still grapples with the anniversary of his death, remembering him and acknowledging his time stolen from this life. What are ways you think victims can better be remembered?
10. What did you think of Patrizia’s trial and sentence?
11. The book reveals the week of Patrizia’s sentencing Gucci stores apparently displayed sterling silver handcuffs in their windows. A spokeswoman told callers it was a “coincidence,” Gay Forden writes. What did you make of that?
12. Did the book change your perspective of the fashion industry or Gucci itself?
And if you have more thoughts let us know! Use the hashtag #oxygenbookclub to keep the discussion going on social media.